The Scavenger Gods
Society & Relations: The Man-groves only in the last two to three years, awoke after close to three thousand years of dormancy. While highly intelligent, they have little knowledge of the workings of the modern world and minimal relations with other races.
Alignment and Religion:
Racial Traits [30 Points]
- Abilities (4 RP): +4 Int, +2 Wis, -2 Cha
- Type: Plant (10 RP): This type encompasses intelligent or humanoid-shaped vegetable creatures. Note that regular plants, such as those found in ordinary gardens and fields, lack Wisdom and Charisma scores and are not creatures, but objects, even though they are alive. A plant race has the following features.
- Plants have the low-light vision racial trait.
- Plants are immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
- Plants are immune to paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep effects, and stunning.
- Plants breathe and eat, but do not sleep, unless they want to gain some beneficial effect from this activity. This means that a plant creature can sleep in order to regain spells, but sleep is not required to survive or stay in good health.
- Medium Size (0 RP): Mangroves gain no modifiers based on their size.
- Normal Speed (0 RP): Mangroves have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Forestborn (4 RP): Man-groves can move through natural difficult terrain at their normal speed, gain a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks, and a +2 dodge bonus to AC while within forested terrain. Magically altered terrain affects them normally.
- Skill Training (2 RP): Heal, Knowledge (Nature), Perception, and Stealth are always class skills for a Man-grove.
- Silent Hunter (2 RP): Mangroves reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this trait).
- Fertile Soil (2 RP): Mangrove sorcerers with the verdant bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer spells and class abilities. Mangrove clerics with the Plant domain use their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level. This trait does not give mangroves early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers that they could already use without this trait.
- Lifebound (2 RP): Mangroves gain a +2 racial bonus on all saving throws made to resist death effects, saving throws against negative energy effects, Fortitude saves made to remove negative levels, and Constitution checks made to stabilize if reduced to negative hit points.
- Weather Savvy (1 RP): Mangroves can sense the slightest change in atmospheric conditions. They can spend a full-round action to predict the weather in an area for the next 24 hours. This prediction is always accurate, but cannot account for spells or supernatural effects that might alter the forecast.
- Toxic (1 RP): A number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), a Mangrove can envenom a weapon that it wields with its own secretions. Applying venom in this way is a swift action. A mangrove character must select one of the following varieties of poison at character creation. This cannot be changed once chosen.
- Life-Stealing Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the user’s Hit Dice + the user’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1 Con; cure 1 save.
- Paralytic Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + the 1/2 user’s Hit Dice + the user’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save.
- Weakening Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 the user’s Hit Dice + the user’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Str; cure 1 save.
- Treespeech (2 RP): Mangroves have the ability to converse with plants as if subject to a continual speak with plants spell.
- Languages (0 RP): Mangroves begin speaking both Mangrove and Common. Mangroves with high Intelligence scores can choose from Tardigrade, Morlock, Pangolin, Aamuh, or any ancient language as bonus languages.
Random Starting Ages:
|3000||+1d100 years||+5d100 years||+10d100 years|
Random Height and Weight:
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Either||2 ft. 6 in.||+1d6 in.||180 lbs.||+1d6 x 2d10 lbs|
|2 ft. 7 in. — 3 ft. 0 in.||182 – 300 lbs|
|Race||Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|Cumulative Effects||–1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||–2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||–3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||GM secretly determines Maximum|
|Mangrove||?? years||?? years||?? years||?? years|