The Scavenger Gods
Society & Relations:
Alignment and Religion:
Racial Traits [15 Points]
- Abilities (0 RP): +2 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Dex
- Type: Fey (2 RP): A fey is a creature with supernatural abilities and connections to nature or to some other force or place. A Fey has the following features:
- Fey have the low-light vision racial trait.
- Fey breathe, eat, and sleep.
- Medium Size (0 RP): Myconids gain no modifiers based on their size.
- Slow Speed (-1 RP): Myconids have a base speed of 20 feet. A Myconid’s speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Carrion Sense (1 RP): Myconids have a natural ability to sniff out carrion. This functions like the scent ability, but only for corpses and badly wounded creatures (creatures with 25% or fewer hit points).
- Light Blindness (–2 RP): Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds Myconids for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Negative Energy Affinity (–1 RP): A Myconid is alive, but reacts to positive and negative energy as if it were undead—positive energy harms it, while negative energy heals it.
- Deathless Spirit (3 RP): Myconids gain resistance 5 against negative energy damage. They do not lose hit points when they gain a negative level, and they gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against death effects, energy drain, negative energy, and spells or spell-like abilities of the necromancy school.
- Cave Dweller (1 RP): Myconids gain a +1 bonus on Knowledge (dungeoneering) and Survival checks made underground.
- Fell Magic (3 RP): Myconids gain +1 to the DC of any saving throws against necromancy spells that they cast. Myconids with a Wisdom score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day— bleed, chill touch, detect poison, touch of fatigue. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user’s character level. The DC for these spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the user’s Wisdom modifier.
- Toxic (1 RP): A number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), a Myconid can envenom a weapon that it wields with its own spores. Applying the poison in this way is a swift action.
- Hallucinogenic Poison: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + the 1/2 user’s Hit Dice + the user’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Wis; cure 1 save.
- Undead Resistance (1 RP): Myconids gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease and mind-affecting effects.
- Fast Healing (6 RP): Myconids regain 1 hit point each round. Except for where noted here, fast healing is just like natural healing. Fast healing does not restore hit points lost from starvation, thirst, or suffocation, nor does it allow a creature to regrow lost body parts. Fast healing continues to function (even at negative hit points) until a member of this race dies, at which point the effects of fast healing immediately end.
- Shadow Blending (1 RP): Attacks made against Myconids while they are within areas of dim light have a 50% miss chance instead of the normal 20% miss chance. This trait does not grant total concealment; it just increases the miss chance. This is a supernatural ability.
Random Starting Ages:
|4||+1d4 years||+2d4 years||+2d8 years|
Random Height and Weight:
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Either||2 ft. 6 in.||+1d6 in.||180 lbs.||+1d6 x 2d10 lbs|
|2 ft. 7 in. — 3 ft. 0 in.||182 – 300 lbs|
|Race||Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|Cumulative Effects||–1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||–2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||–3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||GM secretly determines Maximum|
|Nais||45 years||67 years||90 years||90 + 1d% years|