The Scavenger Gods
Descended from the last remnant of the humans to survive the cataclysm that ended the 2nd age, the Morlocks hid underground to wait out the salt-storms. When they emerged back on the surface to find the waters polluted with salt, they migrated north to the Gray Wells in search of water. They are completely dependent on the Gray Wells for their existence, drawing nourishment from the otherwise tainted water.
Post-human, Quasi-troglodyte, Fish people
Physical Description: ???
Society & Relations: ???
Alignment and Religion: ???
- Male: ???
- Female: ???
Racial Traits [15 Points] — first draft
- Type (0 RP): Humanoid (Ancient, Morlock)
- Abilities (0 RP): +2 Str, +2 WIs, -2 Cha: Morlocks are strong and level-headed, but are among the ugliest creatures in the world.
- Medium (0 RP): Morlocks have no modifiers based on their size.
- Fast Speed (1 RP): Morlocks have a base land speed of 40 feet.
- Amphibious (2 RP): Morlocks are amphibious and can breathe both air and water.
- Water Child (4 RP): Morlocks gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks, can always take 10 while swimming.
- Standard Languages (0 RP): Morlocks start with Common and Morlock as languages. Morlocks with high Intelligence scores can choose from Aquan, Aamuh, Maple, Giant Eagle, Myconid, Penguin, Treant, or Blood Whale as additional languages.
- Minesight (2 RP): Morlocks have darkvision 90 feet; however, they are automatically dazzled in bright light and take a –2 penalty on saving throws against effects with the light descriptor.
- Stonecunning (1 RP): Morlocks receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Stoneseer (2 RP): Morlocks add +1 to the caster level of any spells with the earth descriptor they cast. Morlocks also gain the following spell-like abilities: constant— nondetection; 1/day— magic stone, stone shape, and stone tell. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the user’s character level.
- Slapping Tail (3 RP): Morlocks have a tail they can use to make attacks of opportunity with a reach of 5 feet. The tail is a natural attack that deals 1d8 points of damage plus the
user’s Strength modifier.
Random Starting Ages:
|??||+1d6 years||+2d6 years||+4d6 years|
Random Height and Weight:
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5 ft. 0 in.||+2d8 in.||100 lbs.||+2d8 x1d10 lbs|
|5 ft. 2 in. — 6 ft. 4 in.||102 – 260 lbs|
|Female||4 ft. 8 in.||+2d8 in.||80 lbs.||+2d8 x1d10 lbs|
|(4 ft. 10 in. – 6 ft. 0 in.)||82 – 230 lbs.|
|Race||Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|Cumulative Effects||–1 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||–2 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||–3 to Str, Dex, and Con; +1 to Int, Wis, and Cha||GM secretly determines Maximum|
|Morlock||??? years||??? years||??? years||? + ? years|